Community Financial Scholarship Program
Community Financial Scholarship Fund, in collaboration with the Community Foundation of Plymouth (CFP) and the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF), awards scholarships to college bound members each year. In 2018, (19) $1,200 scholarships will be awarded.
For more than 30 years the Community Financial Scholarship Fund has proudly supported community-minded students. Annual scholarships are granted to outstanding credit union members who demonstrate high honors in school while contributing to their community. The Fund administers scholarships in memory of Ron Carlson, Margaret Dunning, and George Lawton, all of whom epitomized the credit union's "People Helping People" philosophy.
Scholarship applications are only available online. The 2018 deadline has passed. 2019 applications will be available in January.
Questions? Email Us
Applicants must have their own personal Community Financial account and have it opened a minimum of six months (on or before September 13, 2017) prior to submitting their application. Please note that being a beneficiary on another person's account does not qualify
- Have been accepted at or applied to an accredited college, university or trade school full or part-time for the 2018 Fall semester
- Judging will be based on: academic performance, community service, extra-curricular activities, letter of recommendation, job/employment, answer to essay question on application and financial need
- Applicants may be male, female, and of any ethnic or religious affiliation
- Previous recipients and applicants are eligible to apply again if they still meet the eligibility criteria
- Online application
- Latest transcript submitted with online application
- Scholarship Recommendation Form- completed by someone who is not a relative or family member
- Last 4 digits of the CFCU account number (must be entered into the online application)